Posts

Showing posts from 2014

Annoying Office 365 issues: Username won't sync through DirSync

Image
It happens to me quite a few times. After synced On-Premise AD user objects into Office365 through DirSync, users' specified UPN will not be synced correctly into Office 365. Tried all the suggested tricks from Office 365 forum. None of them worked. I even tried to re-configure our DirSync settings. But the username in O365 just refuse to change. After banging my head on this issue for a few days. Eventually I figured it out, the solution is simply to revoke any O365 licenses assigned to the user. Then conduct a full sync with "Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync". With licenses allocated to the user, Office 365 cannot change the account's UPN. It may be necessary to change the username AFTER revoke all the O365 licenses and resync. DirSync doesn't seem to pickup the difference between the On-Premise AD object and the O365 Azure AD object. It only upload whatever attribute is changed.

Receive error: Target mailbox doesn't have an SMTP proxy matching '.mail.onmicrosoft.com' when move mailbox to Office 365

Image
Recently I was working on Exchange Hybrid Deployment for one of our customer. The Hybrid Configuration process itself went smoothly. No errors for HCW.  The problems came when I tried to move mailbox to Exchange Online. The migration fails with error: Target mailbox doesn't have an SMTP proxy matching '<domain>.mail.onmicrosoft.com'" To check that I ran the following command against the On-premise Exchange. Get-Mailbox "O365 Test5" | fl and check the EmailAddress filed Then I ran get-mailuser in Exchange Online. Because the mailbox hasn't been migrated, the user still show up as Mailuser(Contact) in Office 365. Get-MailUser "o365 test6" |fl Noticed  the proxy address "contoso.mail.onmicrosoft.com" does not show up into the Azure AD object.  The user object in Office 365  only has our primary SMTP address "username@contoso.com" and "username@contoso.onmicrosoft.com" stamped. "CONT